Valdosta Middle's 8th grade boys routed Lowndes Middle 35-13 Wednesday. Toullit Hunter scored 18 points for VMS, while Kenny Holiday added seven.
Valdosta Middle's 8th grade girls defeated Lowndes Middle 25-12 Wednesday, behind 10 points from Kayla Dunlap and nine from Alisha Crawford.
Valdosta travels to Tifton next Monday.
Hahira Middle's wrestling team won a pair of dual matches Wednesday.
First, Hahira defeated Tifton 36-17. Austin Mallory, Trey Williams, Dylan Roberts, Ricky Williams and James Belgarde all scored pins for Hahira, while Sam Robinson and Josh Lunger won by decision.
Hahira followed with a 29-12 win over Colquitt County. Bryan Holley, Roberts, Ricky Williams and Belgarde all scored pins, while Lunger and Chase Pitzing won decisions.
Hahira wrestles in the Tomcat Invitational at Valdosta Middle on Saturday.
The Cook Middle School wrestling team thumped Ware 86-6 on Tuesday. The Stingers (17-6), coming off a first-place finish two weeks ago at their own Nightmare Duals, picked up impressive performances from Waylon Chester, Ethan Myers, Will Dobbins and Michael Kohler.
The Stingers tore through Waycross and Hahira at the Nightmare Duals to break a three-way tie for first. The six-team tournament featured a round-robin format with CMS wrestling five matches in a single day. The Stingers went 4-1. Ty Sumner (73), Michael Brown (85), Levi Cooper (105) and Steven Jackson (128) all went undefeated in five matches.
Jackson recorded pins in nine and 10 seconds, respectively, as competitors fought for a trophy for the fastest pin. Cook's Chase Caldwell appeared to have it wrapped up with a seven-second pin before a wrestler from Thomas County Central turned the trick in four seconds to steal the prize.
React to this story:
- Lowndes sheriff: Four teens charged with murder
- GBI: Man faces murder charges for Remerton killings
- Berrien man pleads guilty in multimillion-dollar fraud scheme
- Appeals court deals blow to Rodemaker lawsuit
- Changing Forrest: Street name petition has enough signatures to take to City Council
- UPDATE: Mel Gibson shooting film in Downtown Valdosta; extras needed
- Police: Teen dies in Valdosta wreck
- City approves settlement offer in VPD excessive force suit
- Settlement accepted in VPD excessive force case
- Valdosta man indicted in vehicular homicide