In Augusta, the Valwood girls tennis team lost to Heritage in the first round of the GISA state tournament. The Lady Valiants' only individual winner was Katelin Dennis.
Valwood soccer eliminated from playoffs
Valwood School girls' soccer fell in the opening round of the GISA state soccer playoffs Tuesday, 6-1, to LaGrange.
"We just made too many early mistakes and got behind," said head coach Paul Garrard, after Valwood made the 4 1/2 hour drive to Northwest Georgia.
Logan Marshall scored the Lady Valiants' lone goal. Valwood, seeded No. 3 in the region, ends the season at 6-10-1, 5-3 in the region.
Lanier 12, Clinch 6
In Homerville, Lanier High defeated Clinch High 12-6 Thursday even after trailing 3-0 after the first inning.
Down 6-5 heading into the seventh inning, Lanier scored seven runs with Milton Gloster and Ryan White both picking up two hits each in the inning.
Clinch had just three hits, but hit two homers off Bulldog starter Nathan Bass, who's from Homerville, in the first inning. Lanier's Derek White got the win.
B.J. Lucky went 3-for-4 and scored three runs for Lanier. White was 2-for-3 and Gloster went 2-for-5. Lanier (14-6, 7-2 region) travels to Turner County today.
React to this story:
- School board to revisit Propst contract
- Valdosta parents question school board conduct
- Sheriff: 'Confession' tape in KJ case not authentic
- Meeting to consider Propst contract renewal canceled
- Three Valdosta men indicted in Adel slaying
- Valdosta man arrested in Remerton shooting
- Moody plane makes emergency landing
- Kemp visits Valdosta; seeks calm at gas pumps, touts budget
- CDC says vaccinated people can go without masks, mostly
- Some gas pumps running dry in Valdosta