Lowndes girls win
VALDOSTA -- Lowndes High's girls basketball team defeated Ware County 78-52 Tuesday.
Krystal Thomas scored 21 points, Stephanie Sermons scored 15 and Markisha Close added 10 points for the Vikettes.
Auburn Randolph led the Lowndes' junior varsity team to a 56-43 victory against Ware County with a 21-point, 9-rebound performance Thursday. Kia Tillman also paced the Vikettes, posting 14 points and eight boards.
Valwood boys pick up first win
Valwood's boys basketball team picked up its first win of the season when it hosted Southland Christian. The Valliants defeated Southland 54-26 Thursday night.
Ben Perry led the Valliants, tallying eight points and three others dropped in seven. Gus Elliot provided the board work, grabbing nine rebounds.
The Valliants next opponent will be at Georgia Christian School Monday.
While the varsity squad notched a victory, the Valliants J.V. team lost 21-19. Despite the loss, John Elliot managed to score in double figures, netting 10 points.
Valwood girls prevail
The Valwood girl's basketball team also earned its first win of the season Tuesday. The Valliants slipped by Southland Christian 29-15 thanks to an 8-point performance by Logan Marshall.
The girl's J.V. team made Thursday a two-for-two night for female basketball at Valwood. The Valliants were paced by Heather Heathcock in a 15-9 win, improving their record to 2-0.
React to this story:
- U.S. Rep. Greene says she's filed articles of impeachment against President Biden
- C-SPAN VIDEO: Inauguration; Biden, Harris take oath of office
- More than 300 quarantined in Lowndes County Schools
- Update: County office temporarily closes for COVID-19 exposure
- Health district reports temporary vaccine shortage
- Moody AFB conducts readiness exercises
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, dozens of others
- Drug bust nets suspects from Lowndes, Lanier, Tift counties
- SGMC reports three virus deaths Sunday
- SGMC reports COVID-19 death for sixth straight day