In Cordele, Lowndes High routed Crisp County 12-1 Thursday night. It was the Vikings' ninth win in the last 11 games.
Lowndes (14-9) scored four times in the first inning, twice in the second, twice in the fourth and four times in the fifth.
Matt Harper had a pair of doubles and three RBI for the Vikings. Jake Summers had a pair of hits and a pair of RBI. R.J. Harris had two singles and an RBI. Ben Williams also had two singles. The Vikings pounded out 14 hits in the win.
On he mound, Shawn Riddle, Matt Harper, Brandon Smith, Joseph Jones and Caleb Hutchinson went one inning each, holding Crisp to one run, three hits and eight strikeouts.
In Quitman, Brooks County defeated Lanier County 8-3 Thursday. The Trojans scored five runs in the fifth inning to rally from a 3-1 deficit for the win.
Jordan Hancock pitched a complete game to earn the win. Hancock allowed three runs, one earned, on seven hits, striking out five.
Casey Williams was 3-for-4 with a single, double and triple, and drove in four runs. Harris Waters had two RBI.
Brooks travels to Irwin County tonight.
React to this story:
- SGMC opens vaccine drive-thru
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- SGMC reports record-breaking 90 COVID-19 patients
- Doctor answers vaccine questions: SGMC seeks to allay concerns
- Boat builder bringing 90 jobs to Valdosta
- More than 300 quarantined in Lowndes County Schools
- SGMC reports four virus deaths Thursday
- Drug bust nets suspects from Lowndes, Lanier, Tift counties
- South Georgia signs up thousands for vaccine
- City school board extends virus sick leave, tables facilities plan