13-year-old Dixie Boys' season ends
COVINGTON -- The Dixie Boys 13-year-old boys' team from the Valdosta Boys and Girls Club was eliminated from the state tournament Tuesday by Newton County, 5-1.
Newton scored its five runs on six hits and committed one error. Valdosta's Dixie Boys collected five hits and made two errors.Their lone run came on Wesley Welch's single, scoring Jamie Turner. Kevin Simpson, Carter Karras and Nick Clark all had one hit apiece for Valdosta's 13-year-old team.
Fast pitch softball meeting scheduled
VALDOSTA -- Calling all upcoming 6th, 7th and 8th graders who attend Valdosta Middle or J.L Newbern Middle School and are interested in playing fast pitch softball.
A fast pitch softball meeting has been set for Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Valdosta High softball field. For more information contact Wendy Luke at 293-0926 or Heather Dowdy at 559-2000.
React to this story:
- Valdosta man indicted on child porn charges: Authorities seek more information
- A Georgia mother got an eviction notice. Then, she fought.
- City schools modify quarantine plan
- Elvie Increases Access to its Revolutionary Femtech with the Launch of Elvie Stride, a Breast Pump Covered by Insurance
- 50 Years & Counting: Barham hits half-century mark at Miller Hardware
- Change of pace: Tajh Sanders finds new football home at Valwood
- SGMC tops 400 virus deaths
- UPDATE: Charges filed in LHS Pride flag incident
- SGMC, Lowndes report nine virus deaths
- Valwood crowns homecoming king, queen