In Jefferson, Brooks County took fifth at the Class AA state track meet.
The Trojans got two more state placers on Saturday, as Donnell Golden took sixth in the boys' 400 meters, and Kendra Mitchell was second in the 110 meter hurdles.
On Friday, Ron Neloms won state in the discus for Brooks. Alex Wright was fourth in the boys shot put.
Charlton County won the team state championship. Greenville placed second, Greater Atlanta Christian was third and Calhoun was fourth.
"We're very happy to finish fifth," Brooks track coach Chris Hubert said. "And I've got (just about) everybody coming back next year."
Ray Smith of Lowndes placed fifth in the 300 hurdles at the AAAAA meet.
React to this story:
- Two Lake Park women die in accident near Hahira
- Valdosta man dies in Florida wreck
- Youngest Man on Campus: VSU welcomes 14-year-old student
- Kids store South Georgia Smocks coming to Valdosta mall
- Valdosta man pleads guilty to producing child porn
- Lowndes deputy finds suspect wanted for shooting Decatur deputy
- Teen launches live bait vending machine
- UPDATE: School board rejects Rodemaker settlement decision
- Passing the Torch: Father, daughter make history as firefighters
- School officials reviewing Propst allegations