The United Way of Lowndes County is ever so close to reaching its 2004-05 campaign goal of $1.2 million. The organization needs the community's support to make up the remaining 20 percent difference.
United Way is already on track to raise more money than last year. The 2003-04 campaign collected $1,064,364, about 76 percent of its goal of $1.4 million.
The 27 agencies and 117 programs that draw funds from the United Way's annual campaign depend on the organization having a successful year. Some of those organizations include The Salvation Army, American Red Cross, Community Soup Kitchen, Children's Advocacy Center, Camp Relitso and the Valdosta Community Day Care Center.
To help, mail a check or money order to the United Way of Lowndes County, 106 S. Patterson St., Valdosta, Ga. 31602.
For information, call 242-2208.
Remember, ninety-eight percent of the funds raised during the campaign will remain in Lowndes County.
React to this story:
- BREAKING: Former Valdosta coach Propst hospitalized
- A Georgia mother got an eviction notice. Then, she fought.
- Lowndes High construction delayed
- 50 Years & Counting: Barham hits half-century mark at Miller Hardware
- Police probe fatal Valdosta shooting
- Change of pace: Tajh Sanders finds new football home at Valwood
- SGMC tops 400 virus deaths
- Valdosta man indicted on child porn charges: Authorities seek more information
- Valwood crowns homecoming king, queen
- SGMC reports four deaths