Decades ago, it seemed Valdosta and South Georgia slowed down for the summer.
When city council, county commission, the board of education or any other government agency has a closed door meeting, the person who presides over that meeting must sign a notarized affidavit attesting the meeting was conducted legally.
If you care for someone with a long-term illness or know someone who does, we urge you to read or pass along our article, “Help for the Helpless: Caregivers, families endure emotional, financial burdens” in the Wednesday, April 24 edition of The Valdosta Daily Times and online at valdostadai…
- UPDATE: Woman shot in Valdosta dies
- Thomasville native named best grill master
- $60,000-plus raised for injured LHS grad
- UPDATE: Coroner: Another inmate dies in Valdosta State Prison
- Lowndes arrests made for drugs, guns
- SGMC writes off $54 million
- Police identify woman killed in Valdosta shooting
- Body of Berrien resident found after river accident
- Welcome Home, Dad: Deployed airman reunites with family
- UPDATE: Giant lizard found in Wood Valley area