We generally do not think of school children when we think of identity theft.
Daniel Peterson and Jazmyne Clark were two of many Lowndes County 4-H’ers honored Tuesday night at the 4-H annual awards banquet. Lynn Hall, Lowndes County extension 4-H agent, said the banquet honors kids who have worked in the 4-H programs throughout the year. Hall said students learn impo…
Sunday editions of The Valdosta Daily Times offered readers an extensive list of shows, exhibits, concerts and more for the upcoming arts seasons in Valdosta-Lowndes County.
Everyone has an opinion about the president or the governor, but the elected official whose decisions can influence your life more profoundly is your mayor, city council member or school board member.
Valdosta Daily Times editors Jim Zachary and Dean Poling celebrate a new industry coming to town but talk candidly about how city and county leaders must start working together to incubate a better climate for industrial recruitment. Watch this installment of our video editorial series.
While more organizations seem to distribute book bags, notebooks, paper, pencils and other school items to students in need, Teachers Harvest prepares to help teachers meet needs from the start of school throughout the academic year.
With all the outdoor activities during the summer months, we want to raise awareness about the dangers of tick-borne diseases that are on the rise throughout the U.S.
On the Fourth of July, Americans all across the country join together to celebrate America’s independence. From Main Street parades to firework displays, every American has their own tradition for honoring the red, white and blue.
What do you think of the Performing Arts Committee recommendation that the city should buy the old Valdosta High School Performing Arts Center to replace Mathis City Auditorium?
The PAC recently recommended the city purchase the old VHS Performing Arts Center to replace Mathis City Auditorium. Do you agree with this recommendation?
- Special Delivery: Special teams, defense key 'Cats in season-opening win vs. Jaguars
- Traffic stop results in drug arrest
- Two face drug charges after I-75 stop
- Baby safe after Valdosta police standoff
- Police investigate armed robbery of Valdosta convenience store
- Good news, bad news for Valdosta job scene
- Georgia farmers 'collateral damage' in NAFTA replacement
- CNN taps former Chief Childress as police commentator
- Back in the Game: Five-time state champion coach Pilcher returns to Berrien as OC
- Fourth candidate files for Valdosta mayor