A Cook County woman was killed Saturday in a one-car accident, according to the state patrol.
Sylvia Rountree Hathcock, 46, was killed in a car wreck at about 6:40 p.m. Saturday evening, according to the Georgia State Patrol.
Trooper David Beaver arrived at the scene shortly after the accident. He said Hathcock was the driver of a 1999 Cadillac Escalade, the only vehicle involved in the accident.
The state patrol determined she was traveling east on Roundree Bridge Road not far from her home. While negotiating a curve, she ran off the south side of the road, overcorrected and flipped several times off the north side of the road. Hathcock was not wearing her seatbelt and was ejected from her vehicle, Beaver said.
He said the roads were dry and it has not yet been determined if alcohol was involved.
County Coroner Ron Lipsey pronounced Hathcock dead at 6:48 p.m. while at the scene of the accident.
Hathcock was a mother of two sons and a longtime resident of Cook County.
- UPDATE: Valdosta bank robbed; suspect caught
- UPDATE: VCS: No shootings at VHS
- Kemp responds to VHS shooting hoax
- LCS responds to written threat at Pine Grove Middle Schools, no real threat
- Valdosta teens charged for thefts, curfew violation
- Valdosta City Schools reports no active shooter at VHS
- Making the Leap: VSU grad takes the Big Apple
- UPDATE: Valdosta, other schools locked down over hoax
- POLING: VHS incident: Why we verify
- Trulieve unveils Adel cannabis facility