VALDOSTA -- A Homerville woman remains in critical but stable condition after being shot in a domestic dispute, officers reported.
Mable Wiggs is in South Georgia Medical Center, where she was transported after she was found on Highway 187, said Clinch County Deputy Farrell Howell.
Glenn Wiggs, also of Homerville, was arrested west of Folkston, Howell said. He will be charged in the shooting of Wiggs, Howell said. He is being held in the Clinch County Jail.
Mable Wiggs, an employee with the Clinch County School System, sustained wounds to the back and neck.
To contact reporter Tanya O'Berry, call 244-3400, ext. 239.
React to this story:
- Valdosta man dies in motorcycle wreck
- Fla. bank takes over Valdosta firm
- Five Vikings sign college baseball scholarships
- Valdosta man arrested in Remerton shooting
- Police: Man killed in collision
- Ossoff: Millions for S.Ga. schools
- For Black farmers, new promises come with old scars
- Grand jury drops murder charge against woman in Valdosta shooting
- Ga. lawmen pursue kidnapping suspect into Fla.
- SGMC changes vaccine, testing processes