Reality TV comes to Wild Adventures as the park teams up with WTLH-Fox 49 to host regional "Idol Auditions," with contestants vying for a spot in front of "American Idol" judges in Memphis. The Valdosta semi-final will take place at Wild Adventures' All-Star Amphitheater Saturday, and the event is included with park admission.
Wild Adventures is the third location to host the Fox 49 semi-final auditions this summer, with 30 lucky contestants taking the stage Saturday to showcase their talents. Of those 30, only five will go on to the region finals, competing against five winners from the Tifton and Tallahassee semi-finals.
The 15 semi-final winners will compete in the grand finale Aug. 6 at Wild Adventures, prior to the Clay Aiken concert.
Aiken is one of the most famous talents to come out of the popular show.
In the four seasons "American Idol" has been on the air, it consistently ranks as one of the highest-rated shows on television.
The winner of the Fox 49 regional final will subject themselves to the scrutiny of Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson at the Memphis "American Idol" auditions later this summer, as well as meet Clay Aiken before his concert at Wild Adventures Aug. 6.
React to this story:
- BREAKING: Former Valdosta coach Propst hospitalized
- A Georgia mother got an eviction notice. Then, she fought.
- Lowndes High construction delayed
- 50 Years & Counting: Barham hits half-century mark at Miller Hardware
- Police probe fatal Valdosta shooting
- Valwood crowns homecoming king, queen
- SGMC reports four deaths
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended
- Change of pace: Tajh Sanders finds new football home at Valwood
- SGMC reports four more virus deaths