VALDOSTA -- Four students from W.G. Nunn Elementary School recently walked away from the Valdosta City School System's annual Writing Fair with winning entries.
Entries could be short stories, poetry, essays, journals, personal narratives, reports, or any type of original student writing.
Ariel Freeman, Raigan Page, Taylor Michaelson, and De'Mariah Newsome won in their respective kindergarten through third-grade divisions. The students' writing will now be entered with school system winners from across the state in the statewide competition "The Young Georgia Author's Competition" sponsored by the Georgia Department of Education.
Local area Writing Fair winning entries for grades kindergarten through 12th will be displayed April 26 to May 3 at Colonial Mall Valdosta.
District and state winners will be announced later this year.
React to this story:
- SGMC opens vaccine drive-thru
- ZACHARY: COVID-19 worse than ever
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- SGMC reports record-breaking 90 COVID-19 patients
- Doctor answers vaccine questions: SGMC seeks to allay concerns
- Lowndes County Schools reports 69 new COVID cases
- Capitol Shock: S.Ga. residents react to D.C. riots
- The Latest: Trump, Pence speak for first time since attack
- Boat builder bringing 90 jobs to Valdosta
- SGMC reports four virus deaths Thursday