Valdosta State University representatives recently participated in the 2005 annual conference of the Georgia Reading Association in Atlanta.
The theme this year was "Reading: Across the Ages, For All Ages." The Georgia Reading Association conference committee planned the program of professional development to explain current information and strategies about literacy for all readers.
Valdosta State University sent 10 early childhood and reading education faculty members and 12 students to the conference that was held Feb. 27-28. These members of the university were key contributors in planning and facilitation of the entire conference. The conference had 40 sessions, of which six were facilitated by Valdosta State University faculty and students.
Dr. Jo Ann Bass, Dr. Sheryl Dasinger, Dr. Lynn Minor, Dr. Linda Miller and Amy Boland served on the conference and Georgia Reading Association committees.
React to this story:
- Police: Teen dies in Valdosta wreck
- GBI: Man faces murder charges for Remerton killings
- Berrien man pleads guilty in multimillion-dollar fraud scheme
- UPDATE: Mel Gibson shooting film in Downtown Valdosta; extras needed
- Appeals court deals blow to Rodemaker lawsuit
- Changing Forrest: Street name petition has enough signatures to take to City Council
- City approves settlement offer in VPD excessive force suit
- Group protests Valdosta billboard censorship
- Berry named state teacher finalist
- Protest planned over Valdosta billboard battle