VALDOSTA -- President Ronald M. Zaccari recently appointed Dr. Denise Bogart director of Human Resources at Valdosta State University, effective June 6.
"We are very pleased to have Dr. Bogart become a member of the Valdosta State University community," Zaccari said, adding she will become the first director of human resources to serve on the President's Cabinet. "This shows the increasing importance and value we place on the human resources of this university, especially as we continue to pursue our strategic planning goals."
Bogart will begin making the transition to Valdosta State over the next few weeks. Jim Black, interim vice president of business and finance, said she will spend part of that time getting to know the staff and University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
Bogart comes to Valdosta State from the University of Florida in Gainesville.
Bogart holds bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from the University of Florida. The latter is in higher education administration.
React to this story:
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- More than 300 quarantined in Lowndes County Schools
- Boat builder bringing 90 jobs to Valdosta
- SGMC reports four virus deaths Thursday
- Drug bust nets suspects from Lowndes, Lanier, Tift counties
- South Georgia signs up thousands for vaccine
- City school board extends virus sick leave, tables facilities plan
- City OKs $1.11 million in vehicles
- SGMC reports three virus deaths Sunday
- Scott votes no on Trump impeachment