The unemployment rate in the metro Valdosta area for January rose to 4.3 percent, three-tenths higher than a revised 4 percent in December. The area's jobless rate was 3.8 percent in January 2004.
This information was reported by the Georgia Department of Labor.
Meanwhile, the unemployment rate in Georgia for January rose to 5 percent, three-tenths percent higher than a revised 4.7 percent in December. During the same period, Georgia lost 78,700 payroll jobs. The December to January changes were due largely to seasonal layoffs in trade and services.
Georgia labor market data are not seasonally adjusted and are available at www.dol.state.ga.us. The revised numbers reflect the annual benchmarking process designed to improve the accuracy of historical data.
React to this story:
- (Update) Trump scheduled to visit Valdosta
- Georgia COVID-19 restrictions extended again
- Times working to confirm Trump rally
- Pair arrested for drugs, card fraud during traffic stop
- Valdosta police officers bitten, kicked while making arrest
- UPDATE: Tornado Warning expires
- Valdosta man arrested after high-speed car chase
- Valdosta police still seek missing mother, son
- Game On: Gamers wait hours for latest consoles
- Lowndes adds 10 COVID-19 cases, SGMC reports five deaths
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.