VALDOSTA -- The Valdosta Board of Education recently approved its meeting and work session calendar for the 2005-06 academic year.
Regular board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Central Office, 1204 Williams St.
Two of them will be conducted in conjunction with public forums.
Regular board meetings are scheduled for July 11, Aug. 8, Sept. 12, Nov. 14, Dec. 12, Jan. 9, Feb. 13, March 13, May 8, and June 12. Public forums will be held on Oct. 10 at J.L. Newbern Middle School and on April 10 at Sallas-Mahone Elementary School.
Work sessions are generally held on the fourth Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Central Office, except in those instances where they interfere with a holiday. These are scheduled for July 25, Aug. 22, Sept. 26, Oct. 24, Jan. 23, Feb. 27, March 27, April 24, May 22, and June 26.
All board meetings and work sessions are open to the public.
To contact reporter Jessica Pope, please call (229) 244-3400, ext. 255.
React to this story:
- One shot dead, second injured on Bemiss Road
- Harden disqualified from school board election
- Body found in Lowndes river
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- Gas prices thunder higher in Lowndes
- Colin Powell has died of COVID-19 complications, family says
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Arnold makes history as Trojans blow out Indians
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents