VALDOSTA -- Valdosta Technical College will celebrate its 40th anniversary on Thursday, May 13.
The college will hold a ceremony at 11 a.m. on that day to commemorate the occasion. The celebration coincides with advisory committee meetings later in the day.
Gov. Sonny Perdue and Lt. Gov. Mark Taylor have been invited to speak at the celebration. Other speakers at the celebration will include notable graduates, local legislators, Department of Technical and Adult Education Board of Directors Chair Harold Reynolds, and DTAE Commissioner Dr. Kenneth Breeden.
The celebration will include the morning ceremony followed by lunch for all guests, students, and staff. Immediately following lunch, advisory committees will meet with instructors to evaluate the programs and offer their expertise.
The advisory committees help to keep Valdosta Technical College a leader in technology by informing the program instructors of the latest advances in their fields. The committees work closely with instructors informing them of the needs in their professions ensuring the college they are teaching material that will be used on the job.
React to this story:
- One shot dead, second injured on Bemiss Road
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Colin Powell has died of COVID-19 complications, family says
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents
- Millions earmarked for Moody chopper facilities
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words