VALDOSTA -- Linda Tomlinson announced her intention to seek the office of Lowndes County coroner.
Tomlinson, a registered nurse who has worked at South Georgia Medical Center for 22 years, said her experience in the medical field would be beneficial to the office of coroner.
"With my nursing education and background, I feel I can provide competent and professional service in a caring and compassionate manner," Tomlinson said. "My experience as an operating room nurse and my medical knowledge will be an asset in carrying out the duties of coroner."
She said that if elected, she will be prompt, efficient and cooperative to everyone from law enforcement officials to family members of the deceased.
"I will strive to work well with all members of the law enforcement and help them in any way I can," she said. "I will have an open door policy and welcome anyone who wishes to speak with me."
Tomlinson said she will treat everyone fairly, honestly and courteously.
"I would like the opportunity to serve the citizens of Lowndes, and would appreciate your support as I seek the office of coroner," she said.
To contact Tanya B. O'Berry, call 244-3400, ext. 239.
React to this story:
- U.S. Rep. Greene says she's filed articles of impeachment against President Biden
- C-SPAN VIDEO: Inauguration; Biden, Harris take oath of office
- Health district reports temporary vaccine shortage
- Lowndes, SGMC report five virus deaths
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, dozens of others
- Toomey: State health employees reluctant to get vaccine
- SGMC reports COVID-19 death for sixth straight day
- VP Harris inspires S.Georgia women
- 'Til death do us part': COVID-19 takes couple on same day
- Council preps for new airline service