The Lowndes County Sheriff's Department is offering its third annual Safe Halloween Trick-or-Treat event to allow children to receive candy in a controlled environment rather than knocking on doors.
At the carnival, sheriff and police patrol cars will be lined up to distribute candy to children while entertainment and food will be provided.
Admission to the carnival is $1. The event is scheduled for 5-10 p.m. Oct. 30 on the lawn outside the Sheriff's Office off Madison Highway.
Trick-or-Treating is being observed from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 30 in Lowndes and surrounding counties.
React to this story:
- Two Lake Park women die in accident near Hahira
- Valdosta man dies in Florida wreck
- Lanier County man charged with murder
- School officials reviewing Propst allegations
- Youngest Man on Campus: VSU welcomes 14-year-old student
- Valdosta man pleads guilty to producing child porn
- Two members selected for mayor's ethics complaint board
- Kids store South Georgia Smocks coming to Valdosta mall
- Lowndes deputy finds suspect wanted for shooting Decatur deputy
- Teen launches live bait vending machine