VALDOSTA -- A Valdosta teen died from injuries sustained in a four-wheeler accident late Sunday evening.
Sanders Lee Jordan IV, 17, a junior at Valdosta High School, died at South Georgia Medical Center at about 6:50 p.m., said Lt. Brian Childress, Public Information Officer for the Valdosta Police Department.
Jordan was driving a 2000 Yamaha ATV four-wheeler in the 1500 block of Continental Drive at about 5:49 p.m. Childress said initial indications are Jordan lost control of the ATV and struck an oak tree. The rider was ejected and also struck the tree, sustaining serious injuries to his head and chest. He was not wearing a helmet.
Police are still investigating the accident.
To contact Tanya B. O'Berry, call 244-3400, ext. 239.
React to this story:
- Valdosta man dies in motorcycle wreck
- Fla. bank takes over Valdosta firm
- Five Vikings sign college baseball scholarships
- Valdosta man arrested in Remerton shooting
- Police: Man killed in collision
- Ossoff: Millions for S.Ga. schools
- For Black farmers, new promises come with old scars
- Grand jury drops murder charge against woman in Valdosta shooting
- Ga. lawmen pursue kidnapping suspect into Fla.
- SGMC changes vaccine, testing processes