CLEVELAND, Miss. -- Mother Nature was the big winner Friday at the South Central Regional baseball tournament, forcing a day's delay in the event.
Valdosta State led Central Oklahoma, 2-0, in the second inning before weather concerns forced a stoppage in play. Later in the afternoon tournament officials suspended play until today.
The VSU-Central Oklahoma game will be restarted at noon (ET) today. Delta State will play Abilene Christian at 4 p.m. in a winner's bracket game, with the noon winner playing the 4 p.m. loser in an elimination game at 8 p.m. today.
The championship round will be played Sunday.
All of VSU's games will be broadcast on WVLD-AM 1450 in Valdosta.
React to this story:
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Valdosta furniture store burns
- Business Briefs
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents