VALDOSTA -- The city is inching closer to installing a traffic light at the intersection of Clubhouse Drive and St. Augustine Road.
For the past several years, the City of Valdosta and businesses near Clubhouse Drive have been working together to seek the Georgia Department of Transportation's approval.
DOT agreed to issue a permit for the light after Krystal cooperated with them to make suggested changes, said Von Shipman, city engineer.
A request to Krystal asked that the fast food restaurant's driveway be altered to allow a right turn only.
After a permit is issued, Valdosta will organize a bid for the traffic signal.
Construction for the traffic light is expected to begin June 1 or earlier, depending on utility work.
React to this story:
- Harden disqualified from school board election
- One shot dead, second injured on Bemiss Road
- Body found in Lowndes river
- Adel store fire called 'suspicious'
- Valdosta man charged in Cook child's death
- Arnold makes history as Trojans blow out Indians
- Man arrested in fatal weekend shooting
- Gas prices thunder higher in Lowndes
- Complaint: Racial retaliation follows principal's police brutality email
- Resident concerned about millage rate tax