The Valdosta-Lowndes Recreation, Parks and Community Affairs Senior Citizens Division will host a workshop titled "The 10 deadly financial mistakes retirees make and easy ways to avoid them."
The free workshop will cover topics which include Social Security income, long-term care insurance, how to make retirement income last longer and other ways for seniors to save money.
The one-day seminar will be offered at the Senior Center, 1360 E. Park Ave., once a week for the next three weeks. Workshop dates and times are Jan. 14 and 28 and Feb. 4. All seminars begin at 11 a.m.
Seating is limited. Call 259-5469 for information.
React to this story:
- SGMC opens vaccine drive-thru
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- SGMC reports record-breaking 90 COVID-19 patients
- Doctor answers vaccine questions: SGMC seeks to allay concerns
- Boat builder bringing 90 jobs to Valdosta
- SGMC reports four virus deaths Thursday
- The Latest: Trump, Pence speak for first time since attack
- Drug bust nets suspects from Lowndes, Lanier, Tift counties
- South Georgia signs up thousands for vaccine
- City OKs $1.11 million in vehicles