The Georgia Hospital Association named State Sen. Tim Golden, D-Valdosta, a recipient of the Legislative Leadership Award.
The award is presented to those state lawmakers whose leadership promotes sound health care public policy that benefits patients, communities and hospitals.
Golden has served in the Georgia General Assembly since 1991 and has promoted health care issues including tort reform, payment policies for Medicaid and PeachCare programs and policies to address the uninsured.
Additionally, he has served as an advocate to address the health care workforce shortage, particularly in the rural parts of the state.
React to this story:
- Valdosta man indicted on child porn charges: Authorities seek more information
- A Georgia mother got an eviction notice. Then, she fought.
- City schools modify quarantine plan
- 50 Years & Counting: Barham hits half-century mark at Miller Hardware
- Change of pace: Tajh Sanders finds new football home at Valwood
- SGMC tops 400 virus deaths
- Valwood crowns homecoming king, queen
- Police probe fatal Valdosta shooting
- SGMC reports four deaths
- Elvie Increases Access to its Revolutionary Femtech with the Launch of Elvie Stride, a Breast Pump Covered by Insurance