VALDOSTA -- With the first day of school being Friday, parents of Valdosta Middle School students have expressed concern about their children's safety.
Construction of the new facility started a few weeks ago, and some feel the activity will be too close to returning students. However, school officials state that precautions have been taken and students will be just fine.
"We have taken every necessary step to assure each student's safety during the construction period," said Martin Roesch, principal. "The kids will be under close supervision. They will be just fine."
React to this story:
- C-SPAN VIDEO: Inauguration; Biden, Harris take oath of office
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- More than 300 quarantined in Lowndes County Schools
- Boat builder bringing 90 jobs to Valdosta
- SGMC reports four virus deaths Thursday
- Drug bust nets suspects from Lowndes, Lanier, Tift counties
- Update: County office temporarily closes for COVID-19 exposure
- South Georgia signs up thousands for vaccine
- City school board extends virus sick leave, tables facilities plan
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, dozens of others