VALDOSTA -- The 2005 runoff election for City Council District 4 candidates Alvin Payton Jr. and incumbent John Robert "J.R." Sessions kicks off today at 7 a.m.
Polling places will remain open until 7 p.m.
Any registered voter in District 4 is eligible to vote, whether or not they voted during the regular election.
Voters should bring some type of identification including a valid Georgia driver's license, valid state or U.S. ID card, valid U.S. passport, valid government employee ID card, valid employee ID with photo, valid student ID with photo, valid license to carry a concealed weapon, valid pilot's license, valid U.S. military ID, certified copy of birth certificate, valid social security card, certified naturalization document, certified copy of adoption of name/sex change, current utility bill, current bank statement, a government check or paycheck or a valid government document.
If you do not have one of the forms of valid identification, a yellow oath is still available and the voter will be eligible to vote.
Voters are no longer able to vote at the Board of Elections office on election day due to guidelines in Georgia House Bill 244.
Polling places include the Water TMT Plant, Mount Zion AME, Morningside Baptist, Victory Temple, Jaycee Park ACT, Mathis Auditorium, Forrest Street Church of God, Nazarene Church and First Christian.
For information, call the Elections Office at 333-5100.
- Body found on railroad tracks
- Lowndes County Food Scores
- Home for the Holidays: Family moves into Habitat house
- False name charge leads to Valdosta arrest on outstanding warrants
- Man arrested after driving into store
- Valdosta man arrested after woman hit with crowbar
- Filming for Valdosta movie underway
- Valdosta police arrest suspect hiding in closet
- Wild Adventures kicks off Christmas events
- 100 Black Men host Thanksgiving feast