A $2,500 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who tortured a dog found in Echols County.
On Oct. 7, a mutilated dog was discovered in a ditch. The dog, named Zoe by rescuers, had apparently been stabbed in the side, her lungs punctured. The dog's back leg tendons were cut, and tip of its nose had been sliced off. When found, the dog's mouth was taped shut and its legs bound. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about the case may contact the Echols County Sheriff's Office at 559-5603.
React to this story:
- Despite bassist's death, ZZ Top says Wild Adventures show will go on
- Berrien County man charged with murder
- SGMC reports virus death; hospitalizations rising
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Heat advisory issued for South Georgia
- SGMC reports 36,000 vaccinations, COVID-19 death
- UPDATE: City schools to require masks
- Lowndes adds 39 new COVID-19 cases
- Lowndes reports 2 virus deaths; hospitalizations rising again
- Lowndes County courts require masks again