VALDOSTA -- The Valdosta Chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring its fifth annual Dress Down Day Monday.
Anyone who wants to participate can purchase a t-shirt for $10 or a golf shirt for $20 by calling 242-7404 or stopping by the organization's office on the second floor of the Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts.
All money collected will benefit local residents, especially those families who lose their home and personal belongings to fire.
Penelope White, executive director of the Valdosta Chapter of the American Red Cross, said Peliton Plastics Group of Valdosta picked up all expenses for this fund-raiser.
"We have already sold over 300 shirts and expect to sale another 200," she said. "So far, this has been a successful fundraiser for us."
White said the shirts can be worn by participants at their discretion.
To contact reporter Jessica Pope, please call 244-3400, ext. 255.
React to this story:
- Trump scheduled to visit Valdosta
- Trump in Valdosta: S.Ga. excited, outraged by presidential visit
- Georgia COVID-19 restrictions extended again
- Times working to confirm Trump rally
- Pair arrested for drugs, card fraud during traffic stop
- UPDATE: Tornado Warning expires
- Valdosta man arrested after high-speed car chase
- Valdosta police still seek missing mother, son
- Marshals arrest suspect in Valdosta stabbing death
- Lowndes adds 10 COVID-19 cases, SGMC reports five deaths