QUITMAN -- A physical education teacher was transported to South Georgia Medical Center following a Tuesday automobile accident.
Around 5 p.m. Tuesday, South Georgia Medical Center officials listed Amanda Perry's condition as critical.
The Quitman Elementary School teacher was injured while transporting swimming pools from her home off Highway 76 to the Moultrie Road campus for Wet and Wild Day, a spokesperson for the Brooks County School System said.
Georgia State Patrol troopers investigated the accident. A report was unavailable at press time Tuesday evening.
To contact reporter Jessica Pope, please call (229) 244-3400, ext. 255.
React to this story:
- Teen shot in Melrose Drive incident
- Grand jury drops murder charge against woman in Valdosta shooting
- Valdosta man dies in motorcycle wreck
- Police: Man killed in collision
- Fla. bank takes over Valdosta firm
- VSU student killed in Berrien accident
- Valdosta man indicted in fatal shooting
- GBI seeks help in Berrien death case
- From teaching to nursing: Graduate proves it's never too late to try something new
- For Black farmers, new promises come with old scars