VALDOSTA -- The Valdosta Police Department is investigating Sunday's kidnapping of a Valdosta woman.
The 27-year-old was in her Ford Explorer at the 1500 block of Commerce Drive 6:30 that evening when a man she knows entered the vehicle, VPD Lt. Bernard Robinson said.
Robinson said the man began to hit the woman with a closed fist in the head and in the arm. He then went to his residence, where he held her against her will.
"Eventually, he calmed down and let her go," Robinson said. "It is being classified as a family violence case."
The woman did not sustain any visible injuries, Robinson said.
It was not known what the two were arguing about.
React to this story:
- Two Lake Park women die in accident near Hahira
- Valdosta man dies in Florida wreck
- Lanier County man charged with murder
- School officials reviewing Propst allegations
- Youngest Man on Campus: VSU welcomes 14-year-old student
- Valdosta man pleads guilty to producing child porn
- Kids store South Georgia Smocks coming to Valdosta mall
- Two members selected for mayor's ethics complaint board
- Lowndes deputy finds suspect wanted for shooting Decatur deputy
- Teen launches live bait vending machine