for Feb. 26, 2003
Margaret W. Wilson
VALDOSTA -- Margaret W. Wilson, 83, of Valdosta, died Monday, Feb. 24, 2003, at her home after a lengthy illness. She was born on Jan. 5, 1920, in Cook County to the late Walter E. and Elneta McArthur Wacter and was a lifelong resident of this area. Mrs. Wilson was a member of the Morningside Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Joan and Sammy Reaves of Valdosta; two sons and daughters-in-law, Walter and Lana Wilson of Valdosta, Larry and Peggy Wilson of Hahira; seven grandchildren, Deborah Rehberg, Christopher Reaves, both of Valdosta, Mandy Wilson of Atlanta, Tim Wilson, Tom McCullough, both of Hahira, Carol McCullough of Augusta and Deeann Steiner of Macon; six great-grandchildren; two sisters, Mary Short of Corpus Christi, Texas, and Sara Hall of Eugene, Ore.; two half sisters, Elmer Hutchinson of Callahan, Fla., and Vonnie Moore of Michigan; four half brothers, Walter Wacter of Valdosta, Ed Wacter of Callahan, Fla., Raymond Wacter of Germany and Bobby Wacter of Albany. She was preceded in death by her husband, Clyde R. Wilson, one sister, Carolyn Stewart Powell, and one brother, Bill Wacter.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. today in the chapel of Carson McLane Funeral Home with the Rev. Wayne Robertson officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Hill Cemetery. -- Carson McLane Funeral Home
React to this story:
- BREAKING: Former Valdosta coach Propst hospitalized
- Lowndes High construction delayed
- A Georgia mother got an eviction notice. Then, she fought.
- Vikings blank 'Cats for fifth straight Winnersville win
- Police probe fatal Valdosta shooting
- A Classic Encounter: Valdosta, Lowndes face off for 60th time
- Police arrest man in Fry Street killing
- Valwood crowns homecoming king, queen
- SGMC reports four deaths
- Harden qualifies as write-in school board candidate