822nd returns from Kuwait
By Rip Prine
MOODY AIR FORCE BASE -- The 822nd Security Forces Squadron was scheduled to return late Friday night after completing a 90-day deployment in support of Southern Watch.
About 160 airmen from the unit returned Friday after completing their mission of providing force protection for Air Expeditionary Forces at Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwait. The deployment was part of the unit's ongoing mission training. Its return was scheduled and had no relation to the recent attacks that occurred in the United States on Sept. 11.
The 822nd SFS, commanded by Maj. John Derry, is one of two squadrons assigned to the 820th Security Forces Group at Moody AFB. The other squadron is the 821st SFS. The 822nd is scheduled for about a two week stand down period after its return to Moody. After it completes this period, it will return to its normal training schedule, according to Moody AFB officials.
To contact reporter Rip Prine, please call 244-3400, ext. 237.
React to this story:
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Valdosta furniture store burns
- Business Briefs
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents