VALDOSTA -- It should be a hectic time in Jon Teetzel's life.
Valdosta State's new women's volleyball coach is spending his precious few weeks before fall begins taking care of all the necessary preseason details.
Weeks? Shouldn't be a problem. When he got his first head coaching job two years ago, he moved from Taiwan to New York two weeks before starting practice. When he moved to Frostburg State last year, it was five days before practice started.
"I'm a little bit more comfortable in the things I have to do," said Teetzel. "And Paul (former VSU coach Cantrell) left me some pretty good instructions. I've talked to him on the phone.
"It's been very comfortable to walk into this office. The people here, it's like walking into my own family reunion."
Teetzel, a former baseball pitcher for VSU's Gulf South East foe Lincoln Memorial, is now coaching the sport he says is his passion.
React to this story:
- SGMC opens vaccine drive-thru
- Lowndes man pleads guilty to federal firearms charge
- SGMC reports record-breaking 90 COVID-19 patients
- Doctor answers vaccine questions: SGMC seeks to allay concerns
- Boat builder bringing 90 jobs to Valdosta
- More than 300 quarantined in Lowndes County Schools
- SGMC reports four virus deaths Thursday
- Drug bust nets suspects from Lowndes, Lanier, Tift counties
- South Georgia signs up thousands for vaccine
- City school board extends virus sick leave, tables facilities plan