ADEL -- Construction on the new Cook Elementary School is scheduled for completion in less than three months.
"Things are coming along great," said Cook County School System Superintendent Fred Rayfield. "We anticipate the building being completed by the end of February 2005."
Located on Elm Street near Cook County Middle School, the newly-constructed Cook Elementary School will house students in grades three through five beginning with the 2005-06 academic year. Rayfield said the present facility, which stands at 1504 Patterson St., will be renamed Cook Primary School and will house students in grades kindergarten through two and possibly the prekindergarten program.
"We have outgrown the existing facility," Rayfield said. "We are adding mobile classrooms as fast as can, but we have simply outgrown that building. We are ready to move into the new facility."
The Cook County Board of Education awarded the $7.6 million, approximately 96,000-square-foot project to Pinnacle Prime Contractors Inc. of Valdosta.
React to this story:
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Valdosta furniture store burns
- Business Briefs
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents