MOODY AIR FORCE BASE -- An airman assigned to the 347th Rescue Wing was killed Saturday as a result of a highway vehicle accident in Tallahassee, Fla.
Airman Shawnna Popham, 19, assigned to the 347th Services Squadron, was pronounced dead at 8:26 a.m. Saturday by emergency medical authorities at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital.
Popham, a native of Stamford, Conn., was operating a privately owned vehicle at the time of the accident.
The cause of the accident is under investigation by the Florida Highway Patrol.
React to this story:
- All in the Family: Bemiss eatery sells authentic Mexican food
- Lanier County man charged with murder
- School officials reviewing Propst allegations
- Kemp expands vaccine eligibility to teachers, adults with disabilities
- Business Briefs
- GBI Investigates homicide in Lanier County
- Ollie's discount store coming to Valdosta
- Clothing store moving into former Pier 1 Valdosta location
- Two members selected for mayor's ethics complaint board
- SGMC reports COVID-19 death Tuesday