VALDOSTA -- The Lowndes County Sheriff's Office is investigating an armed robbery that occurred at 4 p.m. Saturday at a business located at the 4500 block of North Valdosta Road.
A male entered Quick Change at 4 p.m. and demanded money from the clerk on duty by threatening the clerk with a handgun, LCSO Cpl. Stryde Jones said.
Jones said the man had his head covered with clothing and was wearing a shirt tied around his waist. He was a black male, about 6 feet and of a medium build, Jones said.
There was no one else besides the clerk in the business at the time of the robbery, and no one was injured, Jones said.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at 333-5138.
Jones is handling the investigation.
React to this story:
- Police: Teen dies in Valdosta wreck
- Berrien man pleads guilty in multimillion-dollar fraud scheme
- UPDATE: Mel Gibson shooting film in Downtown Valdosta; extras needed
- Appeals court deals blow to Rodemaker lawsuit
- GBI: Man faces murder charges for Remerton killings
- City approves settlement offer in VPD excessive force suit
- Group protests Valdosta billboard censorship
- Berry named state teacher finalist
- Protest planned over Valdosta billboard battle
- Blue celebrates 100th birthday