By Brianne Sweetland
VALDOSTA -- An 82-year-old man choked to death while dining with his family Thursday.
Edward Jack Lucas, of Valdosta, was eating at Ole Times Country Buffet, North St. Augustine Road, when family noticed him slumping.
Patrons attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver but were unsuccessful, said Lt. Bernard Robinson, Valdosta Police Department spokesman.
EMS from South Georgia Medical Center arrived and attempted to resuscitate Lucas.
Robinson said Lucas was pronounced dead while en route to SGMC.
React to this story:
- Berrien teen dies in wreck
- Lowndes football enters quarantine
- More than 700 Lowndes students quarantined
- Valdosta bike rider killed in Brooks accident
- Georgia Bridgemen quarantined
- Health officials warn of Lowndes virus increase
- Lowndes head coach tests positive for COVID
- VFD: Arson cause of MLK Drive fire
- Lowndes COVID cases continue to rise
- Quiet Storm: Brooks County running back lets his game speak