VALDOSTA -- A man who broke into an elementary school in the south side of the city was arrested Sunday, police reported.
Charlie Mack, 47, 204 Chanelle St., is charged with burglary after police responded to an alarm at Lomax-Pinevale Elementary School, 930 Old Lake Park Rd., said Lt. Brian Childress, public information officer, Valdosta Police Department.
"The officers checked the perimeter of the school for signs of entry where they located an open window," Childress said. "They approached the office area, where they located Mack holding the school's 35-mm camera."
When the officers questioned Mack about the alarm sounding, he told them he had heard it. Childress said they arrested Mack and transported him to the Lowndes County Jail.
To contact Tanya B. O'Berry, call 244-3400, ext. 239.
React to this story:
- U.S. Rep. Greene says she's filed articles of impeachment against President Biden
- Lowndes, SGMC report five virus deaths
- Health district reports temporary vaccine shortage
- Coke bottler closing Valdosta facility
- Council preps for new airline service
- Toomey: State health employees reluctant to get vaccine
- EDITORIAL: Press must hold president accountable
- VP Harris inspires S.Georgia women
- SGMC adds four virus deaths Monday
- 'Til death do us part': COVID-19 takes couple on same day