VALDOSTA -- Police officers conducting a foot patrol near a game room arrested a Valdosta man after detecting the odor of marijuana.
Ruebia Howell Jr., 23, Bethune Street, is charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, said Lt. Brian Childress, public information officer with the Valdosta Police Department.
"Our officers entered the business in the 800 block of West Gordon Street when they smelled marijuana near the door," Childress said. "They approached several male subjects near the door and observed Howell attempt to conceal five small bags of marijuana he had in his hands."
Childress said the officers then arrested Howell and transported him to the Lowndes County Jail. No other arrests were made during the incident.
To contact Tanya B. O'Berry, call 244-3400, ext. 239.
React to this story:
- Moody gets two new planes
- County schools report 500-plus virus cases
- UPDATE: Sheriff's review: No criminal act in KJ's death
- Corrections commissioner: 49% staff turnover in Georgia prisons
- Lake Park woman killed in wreck
- Lowndes commissioner re-appointed to workers' comp board
- SGMC student delivers babies with doc who delivered him
- Virus patient count surges; SGMC: No end in sight
- Setting a PrimeXample: Barber hasn't let pandemic stop new business
- City OKs Jerry Jones engineering