VALDOSTA -- A Valdosta man was charged with aggravated assault in connection with the stabbing of another man that occurred during the weekend.
Valdosta police arrested Torris A. Lane, 26, 1016 Marion St., on June 3 at a local motel.
A Valdosta Police Department press release reported the following:
At 10:03 p.m., officers responded to an incident at the 1000 block of Marion Street. A 26-year-old man had sustained a stab wound under his upper left arm and was taken to South Georgia Medical Center for treatment.
The victim was reported to have accused another man of taking money from a female. The suspect allegedly attacked the other man with a broken beer bottle.
From interviews with witnesses at the scene, police identified a suspect and obtained an arrest warrant for Lane.
At 9:02 p.m. June 3, patrol officers received information that Lane could be located a motel in the 1600 block of North Ashley Street. Officers reported that the suspect attempted to hide and then flee from them before he was apprehended in the parking lot area.
Lane was additionally charged with two counts of obstruction of an officer.
React to this story:
- SGMC reports three deaths
- Gilyard appears to have won school board seat
- Teen suspect in Valdosta slaying surrenders
- Marine coming home for promotion ceremony
- Omega Essay Contest winners awarded
- Four teens indicted for murder in Lowndes County
- Man charged in chase that wrecked police car
- Three in Tifton indicted in forced labor scheme
- Fauci: 1st US case of COVID-19 omicron variant identified
- Vikings' season ends with 49-7 loss to No. 1 Collins Hill