The Lowndes County Senior Center will host an informational forum on the new Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit on Wednesday, Oct. 26, at 900 Troupe St. The forum participants will be the Social Security Administration, the Lowndes County Department of Family and Children's Services, and GeorgiaCares. Spacing may become limited, so call Earnestine Doe, Senior Center director, at 229-245-8820.
GeorgiaCares is a private-public partnership sponsored by the Georgia Department of Human Resources-Division of Aging Services, the Southeast Georgia Area Agency on Aging, and the McKinney Community Health Center located in Waycross. The GeorgiaCares program assists older Georgians and Medicare eligible individuals with questions about Medicare and other health insurance related questions.
For questions about the event, the GeorgiaCares program, or volunteer opportunities, call 1-800-669-8387.
React to this story:
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Valdosta furniture store burns
- Business Briefs
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents
- Break Bread Together needs drivers