- Construction scheduled for Cat Creek Road
Construction on Cat Creek Road is scheduled to begin Wednesday.
This road project consists of grading, drainage, base and plant mix resurfacing on the road beginning south of New Bethel Road and extending north of Franklinville Road.
The project also includes construction of two bridges over Cat Creek.
- Traffic shift scheduled in Echols
The first stage of construction of a new bridge over Toms Creek and realignment of more than half a mile of Highway 94, 10 miles east of Statenville, is nearing completion.
The Georgia Department of Transportation's contractor is planning on shifting traffic on to the newly-built bridge and roadway on or about Feb. 7.
Drivers are encouraged to slow down, remain alert and pay attention to signs.
React to this story:
- One shot dead, second injured on Bemiss Road
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Colin Powell has died of COVID-19 complications, family says
- Rural rezoning frustrates residents
- Millions earmarked for Moody chopper facilities
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Business Briefs
- Retired educators group seeks members