- Block grant meeting planned for Thursday
A Community Development Block Grant and Ship meeting is at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the County Commissioner's Board Room, Jasper, Fla. This meeting will be for recipients who have questions concerning these programs.
- Principal Stanton named to Who's Who
Valdosta High School Principal Brett Stanton was recently accepted for inclusion in the 2006-07 edition of The Heritage Registry of Who's Who based on his accomplishments and achievements. The New York-based biographical publication selects and distinguishes individuals throughout North America who have attained a recognizable degree of success in their field of endeavor.
- Hazardous material course offered
The Valdosta Fire Department Training Bureau is hosting a free Hazardous Materials Technician Course for all area emergency responders.
The course will be offered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 24-28 at the Valdosta Fire Department regional training facility, located at 200 Blanchard St.
To attend, fax a contact name and number as confirmation of enrollment to (229) 333-1879 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information, call 333-1835 or 259-5461.
React to this story:
- Christmas in Valdosta: Parade, Nutcracker, Crescent events this weekend
- SGMC reports three deaths
- Gilyard appears to have won school board seat
- Omega Essay Contest winners awarded
- Marine coming home for promotion ceremony
- Film focuses on Southside stories
- Police: Bicyclist killed in accident
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Deputies and clergy man checkpoints
- Valdosta attorney running for Superior Court judge