VALDOSTA -- Twelve students from Lowndes High school recently participated in the Future Business Leaders of America Region II Conference in Waycross. They competed in 10 events. Seven students placed among the top five in their respective events.
The winners were -- Debbie Welch, fourth place in Business Communications; Montez Smith, second place in Cooperative Business Education Student of the Year; Kayla Jackson, fifth place in Computer Applications; Tori Franks and Janice Rago, third place in Desktop Publishing; Jamie Brogdon, second place in Word Processing II; Amber Williams, fourth place in Job Interview; and Jason Hannaford, second place in Future Business Leaders. These students have earned the privilege of advancing to the FBLA State Conference in Athens March 12-13.
Lowndes High School also received second place for the FBLA chapter with the most membership. FBLA Advisers Carol Ann Logan and Stephanie Hezekiah traveled with the students for the competition.
React to this story:
- Trump scheduled to visit Valdosta
- Trump in Valdosta: S.Ga. excited, outraged by presidential visit
- Georgia COVID-19 restrictions extended again
- Times working to confirm Trump rally
- Pair arrested for drugs, card fraud during traffic stop
- UPDATE: Tornado Warning expires
- Valdosta man arrested after high-speed car chase
- Valdosta police still seek missing mother, son
- Marshals arrest suspect in Valdosta stabbing death
- Lowndes adds 10 COVID-19 cases, SGMC reports five deaths