VALDOSTA -- A Valdosta man remains in the hospital after he was shot three times by an unknown man Sunday night.
Alphonso Moore, 23, 704 W. Gordon St., was shot at about 11 p.m. while driving a borrowed car down Old Statenville Road, police said.
Lt. Brian Childress, public information officer for the Valdosta Police Department, said the investigation into the incident continues.
Police officers were investigating a possible shooting in the area when they heard the shots fired at Moore and responded. Moore, who sustained three wounds in his face and body, was able to drive the car and the passenger with him to Hawthorne Street, where police located them. The passenger disappeared shortly after police arrived.
Police think four males were involved with the shooting, but two men stepped toward the car when the shots were fired.
Anyone with information about the incident should call the Crime Tip Line at 293-3091.
To contact Tanya B. O'Berry, call 244-3400, ext. 239.
React to this story:
- Body found in Lowndes river
- Valdosta man charged in Cook child's death
- Complaint: Racial retaliation follows principal's police brutality email
- Harden disqualified from school board election
- Man arrested in fatal weekend shooting
- Saving Moody: Thirty years ago, S.Ga. fought to keep base open
- Business Briefs
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Resident concerned about millage rate tax
- RICE: Qualified or not, stop moving goal post