State troopers from the Valdosta Post of the Georgia State Patrol investigated 28 traffic crashes in March in Brooks County. Sgt. 1st Class L.C. Taylor said the traffic crashes resulted in 17 injuries and two traffic deaths.
Taylor said troopers from Post 31 also issued 146 traffic citations in the county during the month. The total includes three arrests for driving under the influence, 100 citations for speeding, eleven seat belt violations, and two child restraint violations. Troopers also issued 121 warnings.
React to this story:
- Valdosta QB Garcia's eligibility under investigation by GHSA
- 'A fiasco of mistakes': Packers capitalize on miscues to beat 'Cats in Propst's return
- Lowndes County Food Scores
- 'Test of wills': Propst leads No. 1 Valdosta against his former team in rivalry game
- Lowndes reports 2 deaths, 20 new COVID cases
- County adds more full-time firefighters; Appoints new tax assessor board
- Lowndes reports sixth COVID-19 death for the week
- Viking recognized for heroic rescue
- Lowndes reports two more COVID deaths
- No. 2 Vikings win in style against Trojans