Heath Griner has joined The Valdosta Daily Times as city editor.
In his new job, Griner is responsible for the supervision of the news reporters, including assignments and editing.
Griner, 30, formerly worked at the Thomasville Times-Enterprise, an affiliated newspaper. Griner started in Thomasville as a reporter in January 1995, covering a variety of beats, including crime and education. He became a copy editor there in 1997 and news editor in February 2000.
Griner, a Cairo native, also wrote for The Spectator, the campus newspaper at Valdosta State University, when he was a student. He received a bachelor's degree in English from VSU and also has an associate's degree from Bainbridge College.
"Heath brings considerable knowledge of Valdosta and the entire South Georgia area to his job directing news coverage," said Ron Wayne, editor of The Valdosta Daily Times.
Griner is the son of Bill and Dianne Griner of Cairo and is engaged to be married to Jodi Carter of Ochlocknee, a bookkeeper in Thomasville.
Readers may contact Griner at 244-3400, ext. 274, or e-mail him at email@example.com
React to this story:
- Man arrested after shots fired into cars, apartment
- SGMC preps for insurance change
- Game On: Gamers wait hours for latest consoles
- Moody airman killed in crash
- Valdosta man charged in school burglary
- Valdosta police officers bitten, kicked while making arrest
- GBI: Nashville shooting victim's fatal wound self-inflicted
- Berrien County: Man shot during encounter with police dies
- Wild Adventures offers Black Friday soda
- Man arrested on drug, weapons charges