Georgia Military College recently held its annual commencement ceremony at Mathis City Auditorium. The 140 members of the Class of 2005 marked the largest graduating class for the Valdosta campus.
Special recognition was given to Christina L. Baxter, Jaclyn Breedlove, Vanita K. Dittmer, Cynthia Lynn Imhoff, Valerie L. Taylor, and Sherri Young for earning a perfect 4.0 grade point average. Members of Phi Theta Kappa were also recognized for their academic performance and leadership qualities.
Mayor John Fretti delivered the keynote address, which focused on choices, citizenship and character.
React to this story:
- Downtown Valdosta will be blocked off for march Saturday
- New chicken eatery expands to Valdosta
- County nixes new wedding venue
- Southern Eggs permanently closing
- UPDATE Sheriff: no early signs of major damage from Lowndes tornado
- Nurse alleges 'inhumane' medical practices at Irwin County immigrant detention center
- Valdosta couple charged with producing child pornography
- Possible tornado lands near Lowndes, Brooks
- Saving Home: Group works to sell historic site
- Two students test positive at Valdosta City Schools