Contractors for the Georgia Department of Transportation will perform major reconstruction of Interstate 75 from Ga. 133 (Exit 18) in Valdosta to the Crisp/Dooly County Line.
To ensure motorist and contractor safety, this work will warrant lane closures and traffic shifts along this section of I-75, which could cause short delays.
The DOT reports the following construction activities are tentatively planned through Sept. 30:
COOK: Contractors will have various construction activities between Exits 40 and 30 north- and southbound. No lane closures from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
LOWNDES: Contractors have lane closures planned in the north- and southbound lanes at various locations between the Cook County line and Exit 18 (Ga. 133/ St. Augustine Road). There will be no lane closures from 2-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
TURNER: Contractors have nighttime lane closures planned in the southbound lanes beginning at milepost 84 to milepost 82, seven nights a week. No lane closures from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For traffic information call the GDOT Traffic Management Center at 1-888-635-8287 in Georgia or 1-404-635-6800 outside Georgia or go online at www.georgianavigator.com/construction.
React to this story:
- Meet the Candidates: City school board candidates in their own words
- Valdosta furniture store burns
- RICHARDS: Business About Town
- Ramsey Solutions Gives Teachers Free Access to Student Loan Documentary ‘Borrowed Future,’ Premiering Today
- Warner Bros. Games Launches Back 4 Blood
- Finance of America Mortgage Increases Conforming Loan Limits to Help Borrowers Overcome Rising Home Prices
- Business Briefs
- Pope named county schools public relations director
- Break Bread Together needs drivers
- Millions earmarked for Moody chopper facilities