Contractors for Georgia DOT will perform major reconstruction of Interstate 75 from Ga. 133 (Exit 18) in Valdosta to the Crisp/Dooly County Line.
To ensure motorist and contractor safety, this work will warrant lane closures and traffic shifts along this section of I-75, which could cause short delays. The DOT reports the following construction activities are tentatively planned through Aug. 5:
- COOK: Contractors will have various construction activities between Exits 40 and 30 northbound and southbound. No lane closures from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- LOWNDES: Contractors have lane closures planned in the north and southbound lanes at various locations between the Cook County Line and Exit 18 (Ga. 133/ St. Augustine Road). There will be no lane closures from 2-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- TIFT: Contractors have lane closures planned in the north and southbound lanes at various locations between Exit 59 (Southwell Boulevard) and the Turner County Line.
These construction schedules are proposed activities planned by the contractors and may change due to weather conditions or other factors. For current traffic information concerning lane closures, motorists can call the GDOT Traffic Management Center at 1-888-635-8287 in Georgia or 1-404-635-6800 outside Georgia or go online at www.georgianavigator.
As in any work zone, motorists should pay special attention to traffic control devices, signing and marking, and posted speed limits to ensure safety.
- VPD probes city homicide
- County, city issue emergency declaration
- UPDATE: South Georgia school closings: Lowndes, Valdosta close for Ian
- Valdosta students shot, stabbed in separate incidents
- City OKs beer for downtown
- Valdosta storm danger lessens
- MURRAY: Valdosta is a gorgeous place
- Lowndes battens down hatches: County preps for Ian impact
- Tropical Storm Ian: Valdosta could see 'low-level hurricane' winds
- Kemp issues Ian state of emergency